Luke wanted to make breakfast this morning so we looked at our list of Recipes 4 Growing up and decided to make biscuits and gravy. Luckily, I had all the ingredients!
We decided to do Drop Biscuits just to make things faster and easier because the boys have places to go.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add shortening and cut in with a pastry tool until it looks like coarse crumbs. We didn’t have one so we used a metal whisk and it worked great.
3. Make a well in the center and add milk all at once. Mix with a fork until just moistened.
4. Drop balls of dough on to untreated baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes I. Preheated oven (450 degrees).
5. Remove from oven when slightly brown.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Brown the sausage in a large skillet.
2. Remove sausage from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave any yummy bits of sausage and grease in the skillet and add melt butter in the same skillet.
3. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
4. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add the sausage into the gravy.
Serve sausage gravy over the drip biscuits and let it melt in your mouth. Heavenly!!!
Try to convince the dog he isn’t missing out on something tasty!